Finding new ways to help companies manage risk and protect information
Recent years have seen a number of high-profile incidents of corporate accounting fraud, security violations, terrorist acts and disruptions of major financial markets. The growing complexity of today's enterprises and the need to identify and mitigate other risks—from human errors to hurricanes—require a holistic approach to risk and compliance management. At the same time, a wave of governmental and international regulation is making information privacy and protection a mandate for enterprises.
IBM Research Services provides an opportunity for you to partner with leading experts and access unique intellectual property to help devise and implement ways to prevent and detect intrusion, secure digital content, and assess, measure and manage risks in various aspects of your enterprise: people, processes and technology.
The following is a sampling of the areas Research is working in today and the kinds of expertise we can make available to you through IBM Research Services:
- Biometrics and identity management: delivering tools and expertise, including biometric system design, voice authentication and advances like single-sign-on, to help secure corporate assets and protect sensitive data
- Business risk management: anticipating and managing risks associated with a wide range of industry operations and business processes, including business development, credit and reputation
- Catastrophic risk: anticipating the impact of a disaster or crisis situation, and estimating risks associated with potential customers, locations or other factors
- Digital rights management: providing digital content distribution and digital rights management, including cryptography, trust management and tamper resistance
- IT and operations risk: predicting and quantifying IT and operations risk and providing options for countermeasures
- Secure and efficient cryptographic implementations: designing compact, high-performance methods and tools that are resistant to tampering and side-channel attack
- Secure systems: improving security/privacy architecture and assessments, preventing and detecting intrusion, and setting the direction for the future of security in the business environment
The expertise areas listed do not represent a comprehensive list of IBM Research capabilities. Please contact IBM Research Services today to learn how we can help you.